A Tampa Bay native, Anita was born and raised in Seminole, Florida. Anita prides herself on taking a client-centered approach to the practice of law. With every case and every client, Anita takes the time to explain the process in detail to ensure her clients feel informed every step of the way. Anita recognizes that being involved in the legal system can be an uncomfortable and stressful time. Anita is committed to helping her clients feel comforted by her experience and empowered knowing she is on their side.
- University of Florida, B.S., 2009
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., 2012
- Executive Board Member and Vice President- University of Florida Levin College of Law Trial Team
- National Champion- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Trial Competition.
- National Finalist- Mock Trial
- UF Law Trial Team Outstanding Graduate
Anita began her career in public service as an Assistant Public Defender at both the 15th and 6th judicial circuits, serving West Palm Beach and Clearwater respectively. During her time as an Assistant Public Defender, Anita tried over 50 cases to jury, ranging from DUI offenses to charges punishable by life in prison. Anita has the knowledge and skill set necessary to achieve favorable results for her clients, regardless of how serious the charge may be.
Anita has also represented insurance companies and medical providers against a variety of personal injury cases, including medical malpractice and premises liability, as well as insurance coverage disputes. Anita understands the obstacles people face when injured as a result of the negligence of another, not to mention the ways insurance companies evaluate claims, and will work tirelessly to get the compensation her clients deserve.
Legal Recognition & Community Involvement
- 2020 Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- “America’s Most Honored Professionals Top 1% in 2019” award- American Registry
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Pinellas County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- St. Pete Bar Association
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury